Prep Time: 15 minutes (not counting berry-picking! 🙂
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
Cooling Time: 10-15 minutes
Time to table: 1 hour 15 minutes
Servings: 4 (I always double this at least, bake in separate pans and freeze the extra.)
3 c. fresh blackberries, or 1 c. blackberries + 3 c. sliced peaches
1/2 c. almond meal/flour, or gluten-free flour
1/4 c. Stevia, or white sugar
1 T. lemon juice
1 t. each cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves, or 1 T. baking spice
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. quick-cooking oats
3/4 c. almond meal/flour, or gluten-free flour
3/4 c. coconut oil or butter
More spices…sprinkle to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Mix fruit, 1/2 cup gluten-free flour, white sugar, lemon juice, and cinnamon together in a bowl; spread evenly into prepared baking dish.
- Stir brown sugar, oats, spices and 3/4 gluten-free flour together in a separate bowl. Cut butter into oat mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs; sprinkle evenly over berry mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 45 minutes.
Let cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Garnish with generous side portion of vanilla ice cream.